Irish Embassy/Consulate | Canberra | Sydney | Perth
In addition to the Irish embassy in Canberra, Ireland has two other representations in Australia, which includes a consulate in Sydney and one in Perth.
Irish embassies provide an inclusive range of consular services for local, Irish, and international citizens in Australia.
For Irish Citizens:
• Are in front of an emergency and need information, contacts or other support
• Victims of crime, serious illness or have a serious accident
• Face difficulties going back to Ireland
• Information on Local Medical system of Australia
• Need info about local resources in Australia
• Require a new Irish Passport or Identity Card (if lost, stolen or damaged)
For Australian Citizens:
• General or specific advice regarding Irish economy, culture, sports, education and more
• Information regarding requirements and process of getting Irish Citizenship
• Specific contacts and information in Ireland
• Application for Irish Visa or Citizenship
If you need to contact your local Irish Embassy or Consulate we have listed their address and other useful links for you.
Ambasáid na hÉireann
Passport Services | Embassy of Ireland, Australia
As well as allowing you travel abroad, your Irish passport entitles you to certain diplomatic support services from Irish embassies abroad should you get into difficulties. While your Irish passport is an internationally recognised travel document, it does not give you an automatic right to enter other countries.
Irish Passport | Online
Irish citizens who already have an Irish Passport, may renew or get a new passport online via the Irish Government website. This is a new service launched in March 2017; click on the DFA image below to learn more.
Visa Crew | Migration Emergency
Do you require urgent immigration advice? Has your visa has been cancelled, or have you become unlawful or you are in immigration detention? Contact Visa Crew without delay for expert assistance.