Training Activity - 408 Visa
Who Is This Visa For?
The Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to undertake one of the following activities:
• Entertainer: to work in the entertainment industry in film, music, television or live productions in either a performance or behind-the-scenes role, such as directing, producing and other production roles.
• Invited participant: for people who are invited for stays up to 3 months by an organisation operating in Australia to participate in a specific cultural or social event or events. For example, conferences, sporting, religious and other community events.
• Participate or observe in an Australian research project after being invited to do so.
• Undertake a research activity at an Australian tertiary or research institution related to your field of study.
• Religious worker: to be a full-time religious worker, serving the religious objectives of a religious institution in Australia.
• Special program: to participate in an approved special program that provides opportunities for youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community benefits.
• Play, coach or instruct or adjudicate under contract to an Australian sporting club or organisation
• Participate in a high-level sports training program
• Exchange: to work in a skilled position under a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement to:
• Give participants an opportunity to experience another culture
• Enhance international relations
• Broaden participants’ experience and knowledge.
• Superyacht crew: to be employed as a superyacht crew member on board a superyacht in Australia.
• Domestic worker (executive): to work full time in the household of certain senior foreign executives.
• Australian Government endorsed event: to participate in a government endorsed major event (commonwealth games 2018)
What You Are Permitted To Do On This Visa?
• stay in Australia for the period that the visa is granted.
• do the work or activity specified in your application
• bring eligible family members with you to Australia
• enter and leave Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid (unless you visa is granted for a single entry only).
Subclass 408 | Visa Applicant Requirements?
You could get this visa if you:
• intend to stay in Australia for 3 months or less and apply from outside Australia, and you have the support of an organisation or individual in Australia who has responsibility for the events or activities being undertaken who passes the support test
• intend to stay in Australia for more than 3 months and you are sponsored by an approved sponsor for this visa who passes the sponsorship test
• meet the requirements of the activity type in which you are applying for this visa
• have adequate financial support for you and your family while you are in Australia
• have adequate arrangements for health insurance while you are in Australia
• meet health and character requirements
• genuinely intend to remain temporarily in Australia to do the work or activity specified in your application.
Subclass 408 | Temporary Activity Sponsorship Requirements
All activities types for the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) do not require sponsorship where the visa applicant is outside Australia and intends to stay for 3 months or less. Instead the individual or organisation in Australia who is responsible for the events or activities must meet the Support test.
If the person you want to bring to Australia will be either:
• in Australia at time of application
• outside Australia and is intending to stay in Australia for more than 3 months
they must be sponsored.
These support or sponsorship requirements do not apply to persons applying for a Temporary Activity (subclass 408) visa to enter Australia under endorsement for an Australian Government Endorsed Event.
Using our services is easy—simply fill out the contact form or contact us directly - our friendly team are always at hand. We guarantee Within 24 hours, to call you and discuss possible visa options.
Whether you need assistance in securing a particular visa, or you need more information from a trusted subclass 408 visa migration agent in Sydney we can provide a professional and personalised consultation and service that meet your requirements.
Fully Confidential Service, Guaranteed